Thursday, December 27, 2012

Resolutions - Four Days Left in 2012

With only four days left in 2012, I can sum up my year of resolutions and start thinking of what I might want to focus on in 2013. In 2011, I spent the year learning about new wines. In 2012, my main goal was to get myself out of (non-mortgage) debt, plus a few other things. Here's my list again, with my end-of-year updates:

  • Start sketching - I started... That should count for something. I think I did maybe three sketches in January... 
  • Continue French lessons - Yes! I took classes in the Spring, Summer, and Fall sessions, and note a big improvement over last year.
  • Take a longer Vespa trip (technically only needs to be longer than to Fall River to count) - Did not happen. 
  • Minor renos at home - Not done, and no plans on completing this in 2012
  • Pay off line of credit - DONE! Today was the last payday in 2012, and I put my final payment on my line of credit and also paid off the Christmas VISA debt. 

In general, I'm pleased with how I did. The idea of sketching was just to get me using a different part of my brain again. I think I found other ways to do so. Sketching isn't really important to me. The Vespa trip was a neat idea, but when it came down to it, I didn't care about taking it. Same with the renos - they didn't really fit with paying off the debt, and honestly, I didn't feel like doing them. 

The French lessons were good, and I can continue with my goal of going to France on vacation once I've finished the advanced classes. I'm a little slower than I thought I'd be finishing these courses, but it's not been as easy to learn as I'd hoped! Just kidding, I knew it would take a lot of work, and it is coming along well for the amount of time I put in. 

Finally setting up a budget and sticking to it (for the most part) was the best part of my resolutions. Now that the debt is paid off, I'll continue to stick to a budget, but will be able to start saving for that trip to France, and maybe some of the other things I've delayed buying. 

No, what will I do for 2013? I have four days to consider this... 


No comments:

Post a Comment