Saturday, August 13, 2011

63 Days To Go (AKA 9 weeks!)

Lately, my long runs just haven't been very inspired. I've done 10k a few times, 12k a couple weeks ago, but I was starting to feel the pressure to get the distance up on my weekend runs. This week's schedule called for 12k, but since I have a 10k race next weekend, I decided to bump up the distance this week. So, the aim was to run 14k. 

I stayed in last night and tried to get a good night's rest. Didn't happen. I slept little and was tired and slightly dehydrated when I got up this morning. But, the sun was shining, so I decided to head out and see what happened. I set out with my iPod and some Gatorade and headed over the bridge. I ignored the pace and just ran. The goal was to run all the hills. I tackled the first one on the bridge, then even altered my route to get in a few more. Managed to get total ascent of about 537m, according to my garmin data. 

The first 8k felt great, but then at 8k, my legs started to tell me that they were tired. My pace was a little slower than I used to run my long runs (7:12 vs. 6:45ish that I used to run), but I actually enjoyed the run for the second time this week. It's been a while since I've really enjoyed my runs. I hope this is the start of a new trend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment