Thursday, July 21, 2011

NS and BC

I guess next I should really try to find an Ontario wine to try.

I picked up a bottle of Jost Leon Millot earlier this week. It's listed as a "gold medal winner". It was nice. It was a bit lighter than my usual taste of wines, but it was nice and I did enjoy it.

Then a friend came over for dinner and was nice enough to bring a bottle of Canadian as well. This one was from BC, from Ganton & Larsen Prospect Winery in the Okanagan Valley. It is a Haynes Barn Merlot Cabernet. It was also nice. Spicy.

I'm not sure I'd buy either again, just because they are not my taste. I'm really starting to get a taste for what I like, and so far, Canadian wines just don't quite rank up there on my fave list. I should really try some whites. I will buy a bottle of Nova 7 this month since I STILL haven't tried it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could inadvertently accommodate the Ontario (St. Catherine's) wine - if you hadn't already picked one up. :-)
    I have heard that whites are more our specialty (especially for NS).

    ReplyDelete