Sunday, July 24, 2011

Nova 7

I finally tried Nova 7! I meant to for years, but there didn't seem to be an occasion that called for picking up a bottle, and I didn't want to splurge and buy a bottle to drink alone. But, since I'm tasting Canadian wines this month, I decided it was time to treat myself to a bottle.

After getting home from the movies Friday night, I cracked open the bottle, thinking a friend would join me. She was busy. Oh well, it was already open, and sparkling wine doesn't stay fizzy too long, so I attempted to take care of the whole bottle. It was a good effort.

The first two glasses were lovely. Sweet, tart, bubbly, tasty, everything I like in a sparkling wine. It tasted a lot like a bubbly muscat. I definitely enjoyed it. But I think a glass or two is my limit for sweet wines. I gave up after I realized I wasn't enjoying it anymore, and just hoped that the rest would be half decent the next day.

I drank the rest Saturday afternoon. It was flat, but still pretty tasty. I filled a wine glass with ice and it was a nice tasty treat.

Verdict - I'd buy it again, but definitely would make sure I had someone to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment