Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Two weeks until Cabot Trail, then what?

Then end is in sight! Week 14 went a lot better than 13. The first few runs started out pretty tough, but by the end of the week, I felt like I was back on track to where I was before vacation.

Tuesday - 6k tempo, average pace 5:46
Wednesday - 6k run with 3 hill repeats, average pace 6:10
Thursday - 8k easy with my clinic, average pace 6:23 (This was the first run that felt "easy")
Sunday - 18k - first 11k run with a friend, last 7k on my own, average pace 6:46

I can see the race on the horizon now. I just need to stick with the program for another few weeks. I skipped a run last night. I was too tired, and frankly, I didn't want to go out in the rain.

I'm looking forward to this training cycle being over. As much as I've enjoyed the running, I am going to enjoy not having to run long every weekend, and getting back to the gym for spinning, strength work, yoga, and whatever else.

However, I still have that pesky 27/57/125 goal that I've done nothing about. I'm trying to figure out which races to run when. I don't want to waste my half training without running a half, and am pondering running the half at Johnny Miles to get that 2:05 half ticked off the list. But, I'm already registered for a half in the fall, so I could just do the half then. When will I do the 5k (27 min) and 10k (57 min) races? Maybe Lunenburg for the 5k, and Navy 10k in August?

Who knows.... I'll figure that out in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment