Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Other Shoe Drops

After writing about the training not going so well lately, I went for an awesome run last night. 8k outside in the cold, with only the goal of not taking walk breaks. I had recently made a new playlist of songs with approximately 158 beats per minute, and I played that (2 times) when I was running. It's a great new playlist for running, I just need to add to it so I don't have to stop to restart it!

But then last night, I noticed that my foot was sore. This morning, it is really sore. I think I just pulled a muscle in the side of my foot, nothing serious. However, I don't think I should run hill repeats tonight, or run at all. Just walking around my house was hurting. It's a little annoying that after a great run, when I'm excited to run more, I have to take a break. However, I'll remind myself that a little break now to heal is much better than running through it and being out of commission for a lot longer.

Tonight, maybe I'll use the time I would have been running to find some more songs to add to that playlist. I really like jog.fm for finding new songs to buy! I'd have never bought Cage the Elephant's Ain't No Rest for the Wicked, or Ben Folds' Fired if I hadn't heard them on jog.fm!

No comments:

Post a Comment