Monday, February 7, 2011

Four French Wines

I picked up my first bottle of French wine last week for the weekend. I got a 2009 Beaujolais Superieur from Bouchard Aine & Fils. It was about $16 at the NSLC, I believe. I opened it Thursday night and had a glass. I found it very light, and quite fruity. It almost reminded me of candy in a way. It wasn't overly sweet, but had a definite sweet taste. I quite enjoyed it.

Then Friday night, I went to Obladee (wine bar) with a friend, and decided to drink French wine there, as well. Turns out, I had too many glasses of French wine that night. Oops. But I did try all three reds that they had on the menu - 09 Domaine de Cristia Cotes Du Rhone, Bouchard Pere & Fils Beaujolais-Villages, and the Chateau Des Erles Corbieres La Recaoufa. Of these three, the Cotes Du Rhone was definitely my favorite, and then the Beaujolais-Villages was second.

I think I may just take the next two weekends off of French wines, and save up for the last weekend and get a nice bottle. I kind of blew my wine budget on Friday. When you're buying by the glass, it adds up a lot more quickly than when you buy a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment