Wednesday, March 9, 2011

By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept....

.... because I was so bored of this story!

By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept by Paulo Coelho is apparently the first book in a trilogy. I will not be reading the other two. It's not that it was a bad story. It was a nice story overall. But it was a bit of work for me to read it. I don't remember the characters' names. I just didn't care enough to learn them.

It is a story about a woman who runs into her first love. Then she takes off with him and they talk endlessly about religion and love, and dance around the subject of being in love. It reminded me of reading The Celestine Prophecies when I was in university, except there was a lot more interesting details in that book. Then again, I read that one when I was at a point in my life that I was open to the message that it was delivering. Not so much with this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment