Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Interesting Food Issues...

I'm back at the office today, still not feeling great. I'm queasy and have a terrible headache, and my eyes are burning. But, I'm here. My office mate said she could test me for other food issues with this fancy test. We tried all the food I brought with me to eat today - oatmeal, half a PB&J sandwich, chicken and broccoli casserole, and the fruit in my fruit bowl.

It was an energy test, and it was surprisingly easy to see what might bother me... I'd hold up my arm, and she'd try to push it down. Then I'd hold the food in my other arm, and she'd try to push down my arm. Oatmeal is a big no-no - I couldn't hold my arm up while holding the oatmeal. I guess I knew that. I can't eat oatmeal raisin cookies or I get a stomach ache. The cooked oatmeal hadn't been bothering me, though, but I'm not about to chance it right now. The bananas are a bit troubling, but not too bad. I <3 bananas, I don't want them to hurt me! Pears are fine. My casserole is fine. Lara bars are fine. My PB&J is fine.

I'm going to become a weirdo at the salad bars from now on. "Here, push my arm while I try this veggie. Nope, can't eat that one. What about this?"

One other lesson learned today... If you reheat your tea in a Tim Horton's cup in the microwave for 40 seconds, it will start smoking and burn the cup....

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I was listening to the radio this week and thought of you when I saw this news article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2011/03/30/bean-sprouts-bacteria.html

    So, have you been eating sprouts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I haven't been eating sprouts. I love them, but haven't eaten them in a really long time after hearing something similar a few years ago. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete