Friday, March 18, 2011

Cutting For Stone

... by Abraham Verghese.

Wow. This was a good book. I had the audiobook out from the library, and only started listening to it last week, after having it for two weeks. The library books have a three week time frame. So, when I started listening to it, I had only a week left. It's 24 hours long. After the first 2 parts (out of 19), it wouldn't recognize the file and I couldn't transfer it to my iPod. So, that made listening a little more difficult. If I could listen on my iPod, I could listen while on my way to work, on my lunch break, etc. But I had to listen to it on my laptop instead. Turns out that's not such a bad thing. It makes cooking, doing dishes, and yoga more interesting.

This story is about the life of Marion Stone. He was born a conjoined twin with his brother Shiva. His mom was a nun and his dad a surgeon. Nobody knew that his mom was pregnant, not even his dad. The story starts with his parents meeting, and follows to the tragic story of his (their) birth, and then all the way up until Marion is around 30.

I loved the story, I loved the characters. I don't want to say too much about this book as I don't want to give much away. The story was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment